iOS 11 Beta: iOS 11, Apple’s next big iOS update that is widely anticipated to make an appearance alongside their upcoming anniversary edition iPhone, should already be in development. But this time around, the new iOS is likely to be much more than just an update. Granted, that Apple’s software improvements for the iPhone over the years ever since it first launched have ensured its iconic presence among a host of new smartphones released each year. But analysts and tech specialist from around the world are anticipating that 2017 might just be the year when Apple moves away from their regular pattern of rolling out an update each year. Instead, it is widely speculated that the company will focus on bringing a new stable platform with features that will be updated at necessary intervals.
iOS 11 Beta Release Date
As we all know, Apple is very stringent about their release patterns for their more iconic devices. So while the upcoming iPhone 8 will probably be released sometime in September 2017, the iOS 11 can very well be predicted to launch during the WWDC 2017. The company has historically used their developers meet to discuss new software possibilities and announce new updates. And their iOS updates have been announce during the event ever since 2011, with them finally releasing during September or October every year.
The months long distance between the announcement and final rolling out is used wisely by Apple to test out the new update. This time, too, we can be sure that the iOS 11 Beta will make an appearance ahead of its final release so that users can get a good idea about what they are getting and provide crucial feedback directly to the company. The Beta for the iOS 11, like all other versions before it, will be a completely free of cost initiative taken by the company to test out their new software with the public before it releases. Besides receiving first hand experience feedback from users, betas are also a great way for Apple, who are masterminds of marketing, to help spread the good word.
IOS 11 Beta: When and For Whom
Apple usually follows up their announcement of a new IOS update with the Beta version for it. If the announcement for IOS 11 happens this year in June, then the latest one can expect the Beta to surface will be July. First there will be a developers beta opened up, followed by the arrival of the Public Beta. As the name implies, the latter will be available for testing for all iOhone and iPad users with a valid Apple ID. Apple announced its much-awaited iOS 11 at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on 5 June, 2017. The first beta version for developers was made available after the keynote presentation and later the public beta version was rolled out too. Therefore now, both the public and developers can use the OS. But, there are a few things you have to do in order to get access to the Beta version for IOS 11. You can begin your participation by signing up for the Beta program on Apple’s official webpage. You will be required to enroll your device (details below), which will then gain you access to all the public betas for the IOS. After you download it, you can try it out on your iPhone and experience the upgrades for yourself. In case you have something valuable to add, you can take the help of the Feedback Assistant app that comes coupled with the public beta to send them directly to Apple.
Features of iOS 11 Beta: What Makes it A Win
At the WWDC this year, Apple unveiled new and upgraded features of iOS 11. They have rolled out both the developers and public version of the OS. But before we get into how exactly you can download the beta version, we thought you would like to look at the iOS 11 features:
Advanced Siri: A better Siri was being predicted, way before the OS was released. Siri has undergone improvements. Voice recognition is much better than it was in the iOS 10. It sounds better, has the ability to respond to texts, and can now translate more than one language.
Improved Map: iOS 11 will now prompt users to set speed limit, give lane guidance and offer automatic alerts of enabling ‘Do Not Disturb’ every time you get inside a car. But, of course, you can manually turn them off if you don’t want them.
ARKIT: One of the most talked of feature that the iOS 11 has brought on the table is the inbuilt-AR. Developers can access it to built AR-enabled app which is very exciting to say the least.
Some of the other praise worthy features that the OS comes with is Airplay 2 & Multiroom Audio, improved Control Center, Apple Pay support in iMessage, drag and drop features etc.
iOS 11 Beta Release Date History
As of now, Apple has revealed iOS 11 Developer Beta 1 and 2, along with the first public beta. Of course the US-based tech giant is going to release more iOS 11 beta editions,but hasn’t announced exactly when the iOS 11 Beta 3 is going to be rolled out. So if we look at the release date of the iOS 10 betas, we should get an idea about the iOS 11 Beta 3 release date.
The iOS 10 was announced in the WWDC of June 13, 2016. The first iOS 10 Developers Beta 1 was launched on 13th June, 2016 and the third installment of the iOS 10 Beta series was released on July 18,2016. So it took more than a month to roll out the third installment of the beta series since the official announcement.
Going by the trend the Cupertino-based tech conglomerate sets, this should be the iOS 11 beta release date history:
- iOS 11 Developers Beta 1: June 5, 2017 (Announced)
- iOS 11 Developers Beta 2: June 21, 2017 (Announced)
- iOS 11 Public Beta 1: June 26, 2017 (Announced)
- iOS 11 Developers Beta 3: July 6 – 10, 2017 (Probable)
iOS 11 Beta: What to Expect
However, there are a few things to know for first time beta users to make sure their device and data are secure while taking advantage of Apple’s popular and interactive plan. For while it is easy to be excited about participating in the program, you should be aware of the fact that beta versions are notorious for the number of bugs it can come with. So before you sign up for the program, be sure to back up your Apple device. Once you have done that, you can download the IOS 11 Beta version and use it safely on your device.
One other thing that you will benefit from knowing is that software betas and their final released versions can differ a lot. And the IOS 11 Beta will be no different. This is because the months between the Beta release and final release signify a crucial time when Apple works on tweaking the upcoming software to provide the best possible user experience.
IOS 11 Beta: How To Activate
Until the iOS 10, Apple made all the beta versions of the respective operating systems exclusive for the developers only. But from the latest version, even the normal Apple product users can download the beta version of an upcoming iOS before the official product. So to download the iOS 11 beta. you need to register for the Apple's Public Software Beta program. The Cupertino-based tech conglomerate launched the iOS 10 public Beta on 13th June, a month prior to the official release of the software. So we can expect this year also Apple will make available the iOS 11 Beta for the mass a month before it will officially start rolling over on the iOS 11 compatible devices.
Steps to Download iOS 11 Beta on Apple Devices
As soon as you will complete the registration to the iOS 11 Public Beta program you will be eligible to download the beta version of the upcoming OS. So check out the steps below:
- Step 1: First of all take the backup of all the existing files of your Apple device on the drive or on iTunes.
- First of all, go to the Apple’s Beta Program registration page and sign up for the program with the help of your device’s unique UDID. Below, activate your UDID for the iOS 11 Developer’s Beta program.
- Step 2: Now download the iOS 11 Configuration Profile on your Apple device. Read the installation instructions carefully before downloading the configuration profile.
- Step 3: After that visit Settings > General > Software Update.
- Step 4: Finally, follow the prompts to download and install the iOS 11 beta software on your respective Apple devices.
How to Downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 10
For anyone who after having used the all new iOS 11 beta versions, want to return to the familiar grounds of iOS 10, here is a guide that’ll tell you exactly what you need to do.
- 1# Backup Data: We can’t recommend this enough because once you begin the process; there are high chances of losing your stored data. One way of doing it is via iTunes. Just go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices and then check your device’s backup.
- 2# Get the ".ipsw file": For this, you will need to either find or download iOS 10 IPSW files on Mac. To search for the file in your device, you need to go to youruserfolder>Library>iTunes> iPad Software Updates,iPhone Software Updates or iPod Software Updates. If you don’t find it, just download it from the internet.
- 3# Open .ipsw File: Now you need to connect the device that has iOS 11 running with your Mac and then open iTunes. Choose Summary and press and hold the Alt/Option key and then click on the Restore button. Then look up for the iOS 10.3.2 ipsw file and open it. At this point, iOS 10.3.2 version will be automatically installed on your handset.
- 4# Recovery Mode: In case the above step fails, and your phone tells you that you already have an iOS installed then go into the Recovery Mode. Switch off the handset, and while holding down the Home Button as you connect it with your Mac using a USB cable. Your phone will go into Recovery Mode. After this hit Restore and go to the iOS 10.3.2.ipsw file that we mentioned before and install the operating system into your iPhone or iPad, so that your handset is downgraded from iOS 11 to iOS 10.
The above mentioned steps and guideline for iOS 11 Beta will help you go through the procedure seamlessly and without causing any harm to your device. Please note that the Beta program is a voluntary program, and you will not be compensated in any way by Apple for giving feedback. But testing out the next big update before anyone else is a big enough perk in itself. So you can start testing the pathbreaking new OS from Apple soon after IOS 11 is announced in June 2017.